Sunday 29 March 2020

Its oh so Quiet!!

I live in an inner city area. I'm normally surrounded by traffic noise. Even in the early hours of the morning cars and people go past regularly. I'm normally woke up about 5am by a neighbour going to work. There are lots of student houses which have people coming and going noisily often drunkenly (alongside the odd noisy party). During the evening the street is usually full of kids that have formed little gangs to play together. On a sunny Sunday afternoon like today we would normally have at least one neighbour blasting out music obnoxiously loud as they sat in their yard. Some neighbours play musical instruments and their practice sessions can be heard by everyone. The same when my neighbours are having an argument!! A busker plays for people going to the supermarket and his music carries here. I have often sat in the garden to listen to concerts that are being held in the local parks. This morning a passing good train blasted their horn and I realised its the first sound from outside I'd heard in days. I never thought I'd miss the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment